Noticed this since last few days (post 3.0 upgrade):
– When I access the Dashboard using HTTPS, and go to the options page, WordPress changes the site address to HTTPS! I had the WP-Admin directory set to “Require SSL”, and accessed the dashboard and admin pages using SSL.
– When I create a new post, even if I manually type full path of image files or another page with “http://…”, WordPress changes it to https://…
– As a result, browsers that don’t trust my certificate (e.g. iPhone and other Apple devices) don’t show images until the certificate is manually trusted by the user.
– When manually editing a post or any other link and changing links back to HTTP, the links are automatically changed back to HTTPS!
Temporary workaround and validation:
– Removed the “Require SSL” on wp-admin directory, accessed WP Dashboard using HTTP.
– Site address on the options page now shows up with HTTP
– Any links I manually change back to HTTP don’t revert to HTTPS.
Accessing the Dashboard again using HTTPS (without Require HTTPS on WP-Admin directory) results in links being changed back to HTTPS again!
No SSL-related plug-ins.
- The topic ‘SSL Bug? Links convert to SSL’ is closed to new replies.