sql dump restore converted english to chinese and #!;”=
Actually, yes, some Chinese too. Okay, it was mostly english.
Any type of escape code characters went raving mad on the restore. All I did was press a button to place them in the database (from an uncompressed file)!
Original posts affected were mostly in French, copied and pasted from emails, but they pasted great (mmm..) and were fine on the site before (also some english posts did this with certain formatting).
Had done a backup as a SQL dump, then the colors of these characters paraded around for all to see when I restored the dump (fitting name, that) to an unfurnished copy of the software.
Would be nice to discover a magic wand for this…
- The topic ‘sql dump restore converted english to chinese and #!;”=’ is closed to new replies.