I had been trying to find a solution to an issue in which posting would come to a crawl and then time out using WordPress 2.0 and a Firefox 220.127.116.11 browser. I finally traced the problem to having too many rpc's listed in the Update Services section of the WordPress Writing Options. I cleared all of the rpc's except for 2 leaving only Technorati and Pingomatic. After the switch I tried another post. Bam! This sucker is fast. Blazing fast. Posting is now a pleasure. I should now be able to post from wireless devices as well. Previously it was impossible. I hope this helps anyone who is having issues with slow posting.