Track Everything
Specific events not working (8 posts)

  1. Ronnos
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I've installed the Track Everything plug-in but for some reason the specific events are not being fired.

    I've added specific events on for example #site_logo and a to see if things are working, but no events are fired. The strange thing is that #ui-id-2 seems to fire an event (see for example http://www.voorkoks.nl/product/joseph-joseph-opvouwbare-rasp-lime/ and hit the "Reviews" tab on this page).

    What am i doing wrong?


  2. rob.wheatley
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Same problem here.

    I'm tracking 'auto events' so I know the plugin is working, but when I come to track specific events, nothing shows up. I've tried all sorts of things on the config screens to see if I can get it to work, but no joy.

    PM me if you want more details on the site etc.


  3. slackarse
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I'm also having the same issue with specific events. The window.trackeverything variable shows up.

    Auto-tracking is working, as is Tracking Labels.

  4. slackarse
    Posted 1 year ago #

    If anyone is interested, here's the fix (at least until an update to 2.0.1 is released).

    Add: js/script.js (line 5):

    // Fix specific events
    config.additional = config.special;

    Change: js/jquery.track-everything.js (line 153-155):

    	$(this).attr("data-track-everything-override", additional.name);


    	$(this).attr("data-track-everything-override", additional.label);

    Edit: Code tags

  5. rob.wheatley
    Posted 1 year ago #

    No Joy for me. I tried the suggested fix, but it's still not working (although I'm not sure what you meant by the last point of 'Edit: Code tags'?

    I made the JS Changes and have played with the settings again, but can't get it to work. I am using GA Universal code if that makes any difference.

  6. slackarse
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Sorry, the last part was my notes on editing the post, nothing to do with editing the code.

    I tried with both old GA and Universal. Currently using Universal with only those changes.

    Remember to disable any caching you may have active on your site to test.

  7. rob.wheatley
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Ha! I wondered what you meant by that last comment. I thought that it was to edit the label settings, so I gave that a go.

    Anyway, still no joy. I had the caches disabled (well, I cleared them all anyway) but it still didn't work. I have no related errors or warnings when I poke around with the Java console, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I will try again later though.

    Just hope the plugin authors can give this a bit of attention. They've been receptive to other issues, but this one seems to be dragging on.

  8. dskvr
    Posted 10 months ago #

    Confirmed: This fix works for Universal.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Track Everything
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic


No tags yet.