Support » Plugin: Pods Frontier Auto Template » Special characters converted to HTML entities

  • I just found out that the special characters in my templates are converted to HTML entities:
    http://i.imgur.com/Wk6FYcg.jpg

    They are saved correctly in the database but when the page refreshes after the save/update they get changed.

    This happens on one site only (i have two sites using pods with pods frontier auto template on the same server) and i have no idea what caused this (it wasn’t always like this). Things that i did recently include an apt-get update/apt-get upgrade and i accidentally deleted all files and folders from the site in question (the db was not deleted) which i restored from a backup.

    Any idea what might cause this?
    I disabled all plugins and changed the theme but the problem persists.

    WordPress Version: 4.1.1
    PHP Version: 5.6.4-1~dotdeb.1
    MySQL Version: 5.6.21
    Server Software: Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
    
    Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.115 Safari/537.36 OPR/27.0.1689.76
    
    Session Save Path: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/tmp
    Session Save Path Exists: Yes
    Session Save Path Writeable: Yes
    Session Max Lifetime: 1440
    
    WPDB Prefix: hddl_
    WP Multisite Mode: No
    WP Memory Limit: 512M
    Pods Network-Wide Activated: No
    Pods Install Location: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/wp-content/plugins/pods/
    Pods Tableless Mode Activated: No
    Pods Light Mode Activated: No
    Currently Active Theme: Alleria
    Currently Active Plugins:
    
    Adblock Notify by b*web: 1.6.1
    Advanced Code Editor: 2.2.6
    BackUpWordPress: 3.1.4
    Code Snippets: 2.0.1
    Custom Upload Dir: 3.4
    Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin: 1.5.6
    Jetpack by WordPress.com: 3.3.2
    Pods - Custom Content Types and Fields: 2.5.1.1
    Pods Frontier Auto Template: 1.1.2
    Post Index: 0.7.1
    Q2W3 Fixed Widget: 4.0.6
    Related Posts: 3.5.4
    Relevanssi: 3.3.8
    Shortcodes Ultimate: 4.9.3
    Taxonomy Dropdown Widget: 2.1
    WordPress SEO: 1.7.3.3
    WP-Sweep: 1.0.2
    WP to Twitter: 3.0.0

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/pods-frontier-auto-template/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author Josh Pollock

    (@shelob9)

    Thanks for this report. I have a pretty good idea what is wrong, and have opened a new issue in Github on fixing it:
    https://github.com/pods-framework/pods-frontier-auto-template/issues/28

    I hope to get to that, and push out a new release this week.

    Plugin Author Josh Pollock

    (@shelob9)

    George- I am planning on releasing a new version of this plugin this week. Can you please test from Github that the current version there will fix your issue? https://github.com/pods-framework/pods-frontier-auto-template

    I tested it but it doesn’t change a thing.

    I think Pods Frontier Auto Template is not the cause of this problem, as i had deleted the plugin and it still happened. I even deleted Pods and reinstalled it but nothing changed.

    Changing echo esc_textarea( $content ); to echo $content; in pods/components/Templates/includes/element-view_template.php “fixes” my problem, but i think that’s not very safe. Any ideas?

    So i am able to replicate this only if i import the database from the affected site to a new one, if i use the wordpress importer it works fine.

    I even emptied all tables except the wp_options, wp_usermeta, wp_users and i still get this, imorting this database on a fresh install (droping all tables before) will result in getting this “error”.

    [Moderated: removed link to database dump for security reasons]

    Plugin Author Josh Pollock

    (@shelob9)

    Sounds like you might be encoding the entities in the actual export process, could be an issue with a difference in database text encoding settings versus how you encoded when you exported. Or maybe you opened it in a text editor and changed something.

    I can’t reproduce the issue here, so I’m starting to think this is a migration issue on your part.

    OK, thank you for your time.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Special characters converted to HTML entities’ is closed to new replies.