I’ve been using qTranslate for a long time, it is a very good plugin for multi-lingual websites. I just found that many ppl said it’s broken for 3.3.1 version, but I just make a new site and works fine using this version. There is some tips of mine to make it work:
- Upload the unzipped plugin.
- A “/wp-content/languages” folder must be manually created, and set it to 777 first.
- Do your setting in languages, and save.
- If you use Pre-path or Pre-domain mode, please make sure you know how to set mod_rewrite or pretty_permalinks. I use mod_rewrite for Pre-path it works fine.
- When setting finish, “/wp-content/languages” folder can set it back to 755 for safety.
I’ve using this steps from 2.9 to now 3.3.1, so I hope the above tips can help some ppl. I think there is little tricky in (2) and (4), but it doesn’t means it is not good. I would like to thank the author for writing such a good plugins for us.
- The topic ‘Some tips on using qTranslate’ is closed to new replies.