Some Questions from a Beginner with MultiSite
WordPress 3.5. Windows Server 2008 R2. IIS 7.x. Our web site is http://www.goodnewsjail.org.
I am considering switching to multisite for the following reasons:
1. We are an organization which has multiple “jurisdictions,” separated geographically, where we have teams of people working each which needs to have its own set of web pages.
2. It seems cumbersome to try to accomodate the needs of our jurisdictions with a single site, as the ability to set security so that each jurisdiction’s personnel can ONLY access their own pages and post to their own pages seems to be non-existent or very difficult using a single site.
Before I switch to WordPress MultiSite, I have the following questions:
1. Will our current site still run and look the way it runs and looks now from the standpoint of those who browse to the site to view it and with respect to how I the administrator administer the main site?
2. Can I make it so that ALL sub sites or subdomains have the same header and footer as the main site? Will this require me to have duplicates of the header and footer artwork in the media libraries of each of the sub sites?
3. Will I be able to restrict sub sites to the same theme as the main site? Or could I give sub sites a selectioon of themes they could pick?
4. The process of switching from single site to multisite sounds easy at http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network. Has anyone found there to be serious failures or down time when switching over?
Thanks for any and all help you can give.
- The topic ‘Some Questions from a Beginner with MultiSite’ is closed to new replies.