[Resolved] some problems with WordPress Flash Uploader plugin
I followed all the directions and used the settings interface to set up the plugin.
However, when I went to look at media files that had already been added and had been visible in the library previous to installation of the plugin…
- the plugin interface could only recognize pdfs (no gifs, jpgs, pngs were visible any longer)
- when I tried to “add” the files in the sync tab, it was very confusing to look at the list because instead of just showing “example.png”, it saw and showed all of the svn markup as well
- after adding the files anyway, the filenames did show in the regular media library tab list with a “friendly” filename (“example.png”)… BUT all of the thumbnails were missing, so you could not see an image preview to help you select
- after deactivating and deleting the plugin, ALL of the images and files (including pdfs) that had been in the uploads folder were gone. To restore them, the uploads directory AND the database had to be restored.
Kind of wish I hadn’t touched this one.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] some problems with WordPress Flash Uploader plugin’ is closed to new replies.