Some new features
I’m using the One Pager Theme from Woothemes. The problem of that theme is that we can add only one page on the home page, but your plugin solves this gracefully :).
I’ve added some new features to your plugin also:
- Shortcodes and “everything else” rendering -if wanted- using the “apply_filters” function from the WordPress API.
- New option to enable/disable “p” tags around the excerpt. “p” tags are not useful when “apply_filters” is enabled (we then get this error:
<p><p>some text</p></p>), and when it doesn’t, it may or may not be useful depending on the theme and the admin interests.
- Added a “p” tag with the class “jmhpew-readmore” around the “read more” link. The new class allows us to edit the link styles and I think that with the “p” tag the code is more standards compliant:
<p>excerpt text</p><a href="#">read more</a>
<p>excerpt text</p><p><a href="#">read more</a></p>
- Added a “span” tag with the class “jmhpew-dot-excerpt” around the ” […]” text. The new class allows us to edit the styles of that element.
You can find the new code here: http://pastebin.com/djPiN9uQ (save it as jmh_pew.php and replace the file with the same name in the “page-excerpt-widget” folder).
IMPORTANT: first of all, backup all your data!!! I’m using this code on my own, but code is always out of warranty ;).
Hopefully we can see all these changes in the next release ^-^.
- The topic ‘Some new features’ is closed to new replies.