Working with this plugin I’ll repeat I’m blown away by how well it is executed (as reflected in my review). But I managed to find some tiny points for improvement, UI-wise. Mostly things of the paper cut kind. I may add more to this thread if helpful.
1. In Matomo settings on the WP dashboard, Geolocation tab, there is no visual indication of success if you’ve provided a MaxMind license key. So you’re kept in the dark about whether it worked and whether Matomo will be using the new db now. I can see in my wp-content\uploads\matomo folder that the MaxMind db has been downloaded. It would be great if the UI reflected that.
2. On the Matomo dashboard, the ‘Become a Matomo Expert’ widget features at least one action that doesn’t seem to apply to the WordPress implementation: “Upload your logo”. At least in my Multisite network activated edition of Matomo there is no Branding tab so the link leads nowhere.
3. When creating a segment for visits from a given country, the country dropdown list runs from A to H (Hungary) and typing only selects from that clipped list (e.g., typing ‘Zimbabwe’ leads to nothing; typing ‘Netherlands’ only gives ‘Carribean Netherlands’ as selectable option).
4. In Multisite setups, it would be wonderful if the
piwik-siteselectordiv would allow switching between sites in the network. (Currently they all seem isolated from each other?) If this is not possible, the site selector doesn’t need to be there.
- The topic ‘Some minor UI tips’ is closed to new replies.