Support » Plugin: Polylang » Some menu items not showing correct language

  • Resolved splinter1

    (@splinter1)


    My site is in two languages, English and Spanish with the language switcher flags showing showing up correctly. I’ve translated the strings and the few pages that I have on my one page site (OneTone from MageeWP)
    The English menu shows fine with all the menu items in English, no problem. The Spanish menu shows three menu items incorrectly in English when they should read Inicio (Home), Galeria (Gallery) and Contacto (Contact).
    I’m pretty sure that it’s something I’ve missed rather than an Ajax bug, but I can’t see where I’ve gone wrong. If three out of six menu items are showing the correct translation, clearly the plugin is compatible and working properly and I just need to be pointed to the correct section to edit.
    Many thanks.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • This menu
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/rPglnj3.jpg[/img]

    splinter1

    (@splinter1)

    If anyone’s interested, I managed to fix the incorrect translations as follows:
    I realised that any changes made in the customise are of WP would change the text in the string, so I went back to customise and in the preview pane set the language switcher flag to Spanish, even though the customiser isn’t strictly speaking the correct area to make text changes with one or more languages.I also ensured that I only customised one language at a time in the WP backend.
    This then added/changed strings, so I went back to Languages>String Translations and translated any text that appeared in the wrong translation box…menus,section_contents etc.
    I was about to uninstall, but I’m glad I hung on and finally worked it out as all the menus and section contents are now correct.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Some menu items not showing correct language’ is closed to new replies.