Some bugs :) (2 posts)

  1. Joost de Valk
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hey, I ran through the code before I installed the plugin on my site and found a few issues. I think none of this will prevent the plugin from working on my site, but you might want to fix them nonetheless :)

    • First of all, in mandrill.class.php, you're using CURL. Don't do this. You simply cannot rely on CURL being there and WP has its own HTTP API which uses whatever transport layer is available, so you should use that.
    • Then, you're using textdomain wrong, you might want to read this post by Mark Jaquith. TL;DR: you can't use a variable for the textdomain as it gets parsed by more than just PHP.
    • The $dir variable on line 217 of wpmandrill.php isn't being used.
    • The same is true for the $display variable declared on lines 1062 and 1066
    • The same is true for the $filter_used variable declared on lines 1117, 1126 and 1133
    • The same is true for the $format_sufix variable declared on lines 1191, 1203, 1435 and 1447


  2. MC_Will
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #


    Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

    - If the plugin can't find CURL it tries with fsock* functions. Anyway, we didn't include any WP function in mandrill.class.php because this class is used in more than one project, most of them not WP-related. I'll check if it is being used in a WP environment and act accordingly though. Thanks again.
    - Many many thanks for the textdomain hint.
    - Will clean up all those unused variables.

    All the best,

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • wpMandrill
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic


No tags yet.