A plugin to collect, combine and display FeedBurner, Facebook and Twitter subscriber/fan/follower stats.
Download and test plugin from here:
I’m working on the plugin version of the following script:
(with permission of it’s writer of course)
As you’ll find out quickly I’m not a programmer myself, only a web and graphic designer. So when it comes to programming it’s experimental and I usually need help.
So if anyone agrees that this would make a great plugin and would like to collaborate (and receive an added credit of course) take a look at the code I have so far (zip file above).
From a PHP programmers perspective you can probably see the basic concept of my attempt;
– Settings page and option saving is working and in place
– The code is being delivered to the front-end (perhaps in the wrong place)
– However I’m sure there are some logic and syntax errors
– The main problem I’m sure is that the attempted delivery of:
<?php echo ss_feedburner; ?> <?php echo ss_facebook; ?> <?php echo ss_twitter; ?>
to the front-end is incorrect for a number of reasons.
The second main part is the PHP delivery of this code to front-end:
<?php $sum = ss_get_transient('rss') + ss_get_transient('facebook') + ss_get_transient('twitter'); echo $sum; ?>
Which gives us our plain text total number.
If I spent a little time on that I’m sure I could figure out the code to make it usable as a shortcode. But, if someone would like to collaborate that would save a lot of time.
Also, if you think we should add LinkedIn and Google+, maybe YouTube or support for other sites let me know.
- The topic ‘SocialStats: Need Programmers Collaboration for Plugin’ is closed to new replies.