I am currently helping a friend move his web site across form Yola to WordPress and he likes your theme.
I am however having a few problems with the slider and I am hoping you can help me resolve them.
The web site is http://www.itfgaming.com (Let me know and I will give you the wp admin login details, you won’t be able to see the wordpress site unless you login as it currently redirects visitors to a temporary URL)
1) My friend has requested that for the reviews he wants the url structure to be http://www.itfgaming.com/review/game-title so as to keep his currently links active (he uses n4g and other sites quite a bit and it would be quite a mission to go back and edit all of them). So I have changed the directory structure in functions.php to reflect this. However where the problem comes in now (and I’m not sure if its related to the path change) the slider seems to have stopped grabbing the content from the reviews section. It’s currently only pulling articles from the news section. Edit: And for some reason when I change the path from game-reviews to review, all the game reviews start giving 404 errors, any idea how to fix this?
2) In the Theme Options – Home Page Settings, where it says Select Category for Featured Posts slider, as far as I understand it, it’s supposed to grab all the categories as they are listed under Posts, however at the moment, it’s only grabbing 7 out of the 12. I don’t even really need all 12. I really just want it to grab posts from my featured category. Is this a bug in the theme or am I doing something wrong?
3) On the Home Page, underneath the slider it is currently displaying the latest news. Is there any way to disable this and only show videos, as it is on our current site (viewable at http://itfgaming.yolasite.com)
4) On the Category archives page, your theme seems to overwrite the Read More function implimented in WordPress. Is there any way to disable this so that I can post my own intros at any length I want?
- The topic ‘Slider/Home Page problems’ is closed to new replies.