News here – if it is not just a rumour:
This will give SixApart a strong user base – based on commercial and an opensource systems.
Here are the changes for the poor LJ users:
1. LJ will get a new and confusing price structure – depending how often you blog, why you blog and how many words you use.
2. SixApart will hardly communicate with itâ€™s paying customers, unless Mena blogs about it or Anil spreads the word via comments in his fav top ten blogs he reads.
3. You no longer can save your entries directly, but you have to â€˜rebuildâ€™ your LJ for every post and comment.
4. Your LJ interface will become much cooler with an options page that takes forever to scroll thru – BUT your default styles will get much uglier.
5. SixApart will introduce a special massive multi SPAM-API to allow texan casinos and Cialis vendors to automatically comment every post you make.
6. Every LJ user will be forced to create an additional TypeKey account to final get this product rolling for SixApart.
7. Your pages will be served dynamically – if you can figure out in which weird way SixApart uses php and .htaccess to generate pages with SMARTY lurking in the background as well.
8. All products and services from SixApart will be renamed to MoveTypeKeyLiveApartPad.
- The topic ‘SixApart buys LiveJournal’ is closed to new replies.