Site works on LAN, but not from Internet
Here is the problem : the site is accessible for dev or usage on my LAN (192.168.1.xxx).
1) Apache, MySQL, Php and WordPress are installed on a QNAP NAS (works ok on LAN).
2) WordPress 3.6.1 is installed in a directory ‘tht’. On Qnap it is shown as: Web/tht/
2) I have a functional domain redirection driven by “no-ip” DynDNS service. I have tested on others html pages, or php pages, access from Internet is ok.
3) Port forwarding is thus declared working.
when I (or friends outside) try to access <domaine name>/tht/ , I have a 404 page.
with php_myadmin, wp-options, Site_url shows : http://192.168.1.34/tht/
this is correct, this is the local Ip @ and this is the reason it works locally.
What should I change to have the website working both on LAN and from Internet ?
I made a test with : http//domainname/tht/wp-config.php and I got the normal wordpress login page. I logged in, and got the dashboard. Fine ? the adress in the browser shows that it switched to local address.
So, the issue is not with the network, the issue stands around parameters of HOME directory or whatever…
I’m lost. Thank you for any help from the QNAP/Worpress community. It seems Synapse guys have the same issue, but I didn’t see (understand) the way to solve it.
Waiting reading from you
- The topic ‘Site works on LAN, but not from Internet’ is closed to new replies.