WordPress.org

Support

Support » Multisite » Site URL changed to http://com/*sitename* on save

Site URL changed to http://com/*sitename* on save

  • Hi Guys,

    I have tried to debug this one myself but I’m starting to pull my hair out. Perhaps you can shed some light on this for me.

    I’ve got a fairly fresh install of WP 3.0.1
    I’ve enabled domain mapping with the MPMUtutorials plugin
    I’ve also installed the following plugins;
    – Exclude Plugins *
    – Menus *
    – Multisite Switcher *
    – Multisite User Management *
    – Proper Network Activation *
    – Blue Network Plugins!
    – TAC (Theme Authenticity Checker)
    – Threat Scan Plugin
    – Wickett Twitter Widget
    – WP Security Scan

    I’ve put a * next to the ones that I _think_ might be related to the issue.

    Anyway, on to the issue.

    I am able to create a new site easily.
    I’m also able to setup the domain mapping without any issues.
    Let’s say I have http://foo.com setup.

    The next time I go to the Super Admin – Sites screen and click update (under the bm_7_options block) the SITEURL and HOME values are set to
    http://com/foo

    The domain mapping will still work but the theme is broken because the URLS are all updated to http://com/foo/css/etc..etc..etc..

    I’m able to restore the correct SITEURL and HOME values through PHPMyAdmin.

    Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? I undertand that I can go through and disable all the plugins and test again and again but it’s quite tedious to update the values all the time. I thought this might be a know issue.

    Thanks for any help.

    -D

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Andrea Rennick

    @andrea_r

    Customer Care at Copyblogger Media and Studiopress

    Looks like you might not be filling in the right domain name when doing the domain mapping.

    The next time I go to the Super Admin – Sites screen and click update (under the bm_7_options block) the SITEURL and HOME values are set to
    http://com/foo

    tho I kinda wonder what you’re editing the site for? Shouldn’t be much need to go in there except to add users or enable a theme on one site.

    (also we can continue in our own support area, thanks 🙂 )

    I’m pretty sure I’m setting the correct domain name. I don’t actually enter ‘foo’ as the value. It’s just an example.

    The site also works fine untilI make a change to the site options page. Eg. Enabling a theme on one site.

    So to recap the issue is;
    – I create a site
    – I setup mapping with domain name eg. http://example.com
    – Everything works great
    – I go to Admin – sites and make some change, eg. enable a theme
    – The site no longer works correctly
    – The SITEURL and HOME values are reset to http://com/example

    Andrea Rennick

    @andrea_r

    Customer Care at Copyblogger Media and Studiopress

    Okay, I’m trying this on my test site and can’t reproduce it. I’d also like to continue here: http://wpebooks.com/support/domain-mapping

    Thanks Andrea_r.

    I’ve posted in the alternate forum.

    Not quite sure why this issue was marked as resolved.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Site URL changed to http://com/*sitename* on save’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar