Site Pinging — So Confusing — Please Help
I am getting so confused and getting so many different answers when it comes to pinging my WordPress blog. I have a blog hosted at HostGator. I have XML Sitemap Generator installed. At this point I don’t know if I’m pinging too much, not pinging enough, or maybe I’m not pinging at all.
1) Do I need to add other ping sites in addition to pingomatic in my WordPress settings?
2) Is WordPress pinging automatically for me or do I need to manually do it?
3) I was having trouble one day getting the preview button to work on a post and I was trying to make some adjustments. The only way I could view it was to publish it. I published it several times within that hour. If WordPress pinged for me each time I published, is it possible that I could have caused problems for my site by pinging too much — possibly gotten banned for spamming.
4) How do I know if my site has been blocked from the pinging sites?
I would appreciate it so much if someone could help me with this because I can’t seem to get any straight answers about it anywhere else.
- The topic ‘Site Pinging — So Confusing — Please Help’ is closed to new replies.