Support » Plugin: Site Kit by Google - Analytics, Search Console, AdSense, Speed » Site Kit breaks back end view of site

  • Resolved fergu5

    (@fergu5)


    When I enable the Site Kit plugin, it itself works fine, but what I have noticed is when I navigate my sites pages when logged into the dashboard some of me content is missing – disable the plugin and it is all there. Content always appears fine when not logged into the dashboard so not a problem for people browsing my site, just for me when administering.

    I have been using the plugin for a 2-3 weeks and didn’t have the problem initially. The plugin may have been upgraded in that time and that may have introduced the problem.

    What information would you need from me to help troubleshoot?

    Thanks,

    fergu5

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • @fergu5 thanks for your topic! Could you provide the following so we can look into what might be occurring:

    1) Site Health Information here or through this form

    2) A screenshot of a page while logged in with the issue

    You can provide a link to screenshots using a service like Imgur or Jumpshare.

    Thread Starter fergu5

    (@fergu5)

    @reneesoffice I replied using the form.

    @fergu5 thanks for the info! Let’s see if we can narrow down the conflict:

    1) Check the view of the page for any browser console errors and provide a screenshot of those?

    2) Temporarily disable Site Kit’s top admin bar integration using this filter:

    add_filter( 'googlesitekit_show_admin_bar_menu', '__return_false', 1000 );

    Since it appears this is a sub-site of a network, putting the filter in a custom plugin might be best, then you just can activate it on this sub-site.

    Let me know if you have any questions about doing the above.

    Thread Starter fergu5

    (@fergu5)

    Let’s start with point 2

    2) Adding the add_filter disabled the Site Kit’s admin bar integration and fixed the problem with my missing content 😀

    1) I do get a console error relating to google site kit. It is not easy to post screenshots so I have posted the details below…

    The error is
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
    https://www.fullproxy.com/wp-content/litespeed/cssjs/cec7a.js?b33f6

    Line 23

    [Large code excerpt removed by moderator per our FAQ. Please use Pastebin or a Gist for all large code excerpts, they work better anyway.]

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Yui.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Yui. Reason: large code excerpt moderated
    Thread Starter fergu5

    (@fergu5)

    @fergu5 thanks for following up and for these details!

    Quick question: do you have LiteSpeed Cache’s caching and/or optimizations enabled for the logged-in user?

    If so, does disabling it and restoring Site Kit’s admin bar integration allow the site to display correctly for you while logged in?

    We’ll need to do some further testing on our side to reproduce the issue, but this info would be helpful.

    Thread Starter fergu5

    (@fergu5)

    Renee,

    Yes I do use LiteSpeed Cache and have caching enabled for the logged-in user. I have however now disabled this, purged all caches etc and still have the problem of missing content.

    Happy to do more testing.

    @fergu5 thanks so much!

    I’m currently having a bit of trouble accessing the internal links on the site (404s) to see if I can replicate aspects of the theme (Divi) to see if they could be a factor.

    Would happen to have a saved a layout in the Divi Library for the blog page that we can import and test on our side? (if possible, you provide a download link via another form submission)

    Thread Starter fergu5

    (@fergu5)

    Is it specifically the Blog page you want? i.e. https://www.fullproxy.com/company/blog/

    @fergu5 that would be great! Basically any layout where you’ve seen the issue occur. Many thanks!

    @fergu5 just making a quick follow up that I haven’t been able to recreate the issue myself with Divi, so it may be something specific with the blog page on your site. I couldn’t find another form entry for this topic so I’ll resolve it for now. Feel free to reach out to us anytime in a new topic if you’d like us to investigate this issue further. We’re happy to help!

    Thread Starter fergu5

    (@fergu5)

    Renee,

    Apologies for not getting back to you with a layout. In short though I can tell you that the affected pages contained the Divi Blog Module and were specifically showing posts in the Divi Blog Post Video Format. I hope that helps with recreating the issue.

    Ewan

    thanks for the info @fergu5 ! We’ll keep looking into it.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Kit breaks back end view of site’ is closed to new replies.