Support » Plugin: Google Language Translator » site isn't working after upgrade

Viewing 3 replies - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Plugin Author Rob Myrick

    (@rm2773)

    Aleksandar, I am testing on this site here…..

    http://decombh.org/websites/ledhelden/lichtechnik/

    It seems to function fine, after I removed the “multilanguage:true” configuration from version 2.7.

    As for your other site, the issue is your “Advanced Custom Fields: Repeater Field” plugin. I’m not sure what this does to conflict with Google, but it prevents language translation back to German and it sits at “Translation in Progress – 8%” when I try and translate back to original language.

    I think we may have found the culprit, despite some small issues on Google’s part as well, which complicates the entire process.

    Plugin Author Rob Myrick

    (@rm2773)

    I’m glad this is your fault, not mine 🙂 haha…kidding

    Plugin Author Rob Myrick

    (@rm2773)

    I’m closing this topic as resolved, as we have found solutions for getting the translator to perform properly, for the most part. We noticed here that when using text other than the default language of your website, can cause problems, and then possibly append language codes to the end of those words.

    This seems to be a Google glitch because the language drop-down, in some cases, does not bring the website back to the default language properly, although it will work correctly if using the Google Toolbar to revert back to the original language.

    There might be a future fix for this, but it would mean over-riding Google’s default functionality, which is not preferable by any means, since the entire purpose of the plugin is to provide the default Google translator tool.

    Please continue posting here if any issues are experienced.

Viewing 3 replies - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘site isn't working after upgrade’ is closed to new replies.