Support » Plugin: WP-Piwik » Site ID defaulting to 1

  • Resolved Chris Croome

    (@webarch)


    I have tried setting the WP-Piwik 0.9.9.6 plugin up with the latest WordPress for a couple of sites and although the “WP-Piwik Settings” “Run test script” returns the correct value for the Site ID in the XML the “Get site configuration details” always returns “1” and the tracking code can’t be fetched, the “Tracking code preview”:


    <!-- WP-Piwik ERROR: Tracking code not availbale -->

    (Also note the spelling mistake above, s/availbale/available/).

    Trying to view stats results in:

    Piwik error: You can’t access this resource as it requires an ‘view’ access for the website id = 1.

    It might, or might not, be significant that the Piwik site is only available via HTTPS.

    If there is anymore information needed to help debug this problem please let me know.

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-piwik/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author braekling

    (@braekling)

    Can you tell me more about your configuration details?

    Multisite yes or no? Using WP-Piwik in multisite mode?

    What’s about your site URLs? url1.com, url2.com and so on? Or url.com/page1, url.com/page2 and so on?

    I’m happy to say that it’s all working now, I haven’t changed anything so I don’t know why this is the case, the correct website ID is now being used and the tracking code is correct and stats are also shown.

    sjswarts

    (@sjswarts)

    Same issue here,

    I have single site, WP-Piwik is running single site mode. 1 URL used, http://www.prolinecontractors.com.au and the test script pulls the right Site ID = 5 but it shows up in the configuration as Site ID = 1

    Help would be very much appreciated

    Thankyou

    P.S. Braekling great job mate, highly appreciative

    sjswarts

    (@sjswarts)

    Here I’ve added the details:

    http://pastebin.com/BxvDeq6m

    sjswarts

    (@sjswarts)

    Ok this is odd…

    I noticed that the webpage in the test scripts said http://prolinecontractors.com.au but the configuration said http://www.prolinecontractors.com.au

    So I changed Piwik to say http://www.prolinecontractors.com.au instead of without the www and also turned off Auto configuration.

    Saved everything and now it works.

    Something must be a little skew because Piwik says it automatically attributes www subdomain, but maybe it doesn’t.

    Anyway it is fixed 🙂

    Regards,
    Steven Swarts

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Site ID defaulting to 1’ is closed to new replies.