Site Hierarchy State –> Cities –> Post
Many others might have faced this road block, so I thought to post it here and see if we can find a collective solution. I am trying to create a CMS site based on geo specific services locations. Now, here is the site workflow that I would like to achieve:
Home page (with 50 states link) → State pages (parent category with links to child categories) → City pages (child categories with links to post titles) → Local Service pages (posts)
A user has to pick the state, and then select city to see all the available services in that city, and then click on a service business link to be able to go to a specific local services page.
URL structure would be –
Below are list of challenges I am facing currently:
– How to populate parent category page with all related hyperlinked categories
– How to populate child category pages with all related hyperlinked post titles
– What is the best combination of Page / Post format to achieve the above workflow?
– How to add parent / child category for each post in bulk
I have tried without much success, so your help and insights will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘Site Hierarchy State –> Cities –> Post’ is closed to new replies.