Here’s an odd issue I’ve seen floating around and must thank someone else for the resolution. Suddenly on subdomains I’ll get the dreaded “This webpage has a redirect loop” error message. If I set the permalink back to the stock and save and then move it back to what it was (perhaps post name), it then works perfectly again. Not sure what’s up with this but figured it should get some attention.
Negative. Happens every few weeks with subdomains. I’ve got a subdirectory install with some blogs mapped with subdomains. It works fine but there is something every few weeks that is triggered and seems to be a problem. Do the dance and it clears up.
Exactly as stated. I’ve got a stock subdirectory install but modified some others to use a subdomain. The ones on the subdomain (and even other sites I’ve had using subdomain install only) seem to have this issue periodically.