1. I did an automatic upgrade to the latest version, saved the files and database.
2. Well after it completed I attempted some some .jpg uploads to the media gallery which failed “could not create directory, are permission for parent gallery correct?”
3. Very shortly after that the site crashed with these errors:
Warning: require(/home/xxx/public_html/wp/wp-includes/load.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxx/public_html/wp/wp-settings.php on line 19
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/xxx/public_html/wp/wp-includes/load.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/xxx/public_html/wp/wp-settings.php on line 19
4. I have WINRAR but it will not open the file backup zip, and I have no idea how to restore it.
Any and all help will be very welcome 🙂
- The topic ‘Site Crashed After Automatic Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.