I want to place exactly one post on a page. It would be nice if this post could automatically be the latest one but updating manually would be OK too.
What I have done so far is
– creating a new custom page template and assigned that to the page that should display the post.
– setting that page to be the posts page in Settings->Reading and allow only one post to be displayed there.
Now what happens is that I do indeed see the latest post there, BUT:
– it uses index.php as template instead of my custom template.
– it shows the post without comments and the submit form (comments_template() doesn’t work)
I have also tried to solve the problem by not setting that page as the ‘posts page’ but by retrieving the lastest post with get_post($id).
This basically also works but again I am out of luck with the comments because comments_template() gives me the comments for that page and not for the post on it.
Can someone help me please – I have searched around but just couldn’t find any solution here or elsewhere…
- The topic ‘Single (latest) post on page, with comments?’ is closed to new replies.