Support » Plugin: IP Geo Block » Since latest update plugin with errors

  • Resolved cybergirl

    (@cybergirl)


    Since latest plugin update I have the following error when I try to read log tab:

    DataTables warning: table id=ip-geo-block-validation-logs – Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see https://datatables.net/tn/1

    When I go to first dashboard site of the plugin I have a pop-up with following content:

    {"save-widget":1,"widgets-order":1,"add-category":1,"add-post_tag":1,"add-nav_menu":1,"add-link_category":1,"add-post_format":1,"bgiiwpve_tinymce":1,"fastvelocity_min_files":1,"HT_blacklist_ip":1,"HT_whitelist_ip":1,"HT_save_settings":1,"HT_save_single_settings":1,"HT_remove_ip":1,"HT_retrieve_entry_details":1,"HT_edit_ip_entry":1,"HT_retrieve_whitelist":1,"HT_retrieve_blocked_list":1,"HT_retrieve_activity_list":1,"HT_retrieve_page_limit":1,"HT_process_usernames":1,"wpephpcompat_start_test":1,"wpephpcompat_check_status":1,"wpephpcompat_clean_up":1,"su-jlsuggest-autocomplete":1,"su_generator_settings":1,"su_generator_preview":1,"su_generator_get_icons":1,"su_generator_get_terms":1,"su_generator_get_taxonomies":1,"su_generator_add_preset":1,"su_generator_remove_preset":1,"su_generator_get_preset":1,"su_dismiss_notice":1,"so_panels_builder_content":1,"so_panels_widget_form":1,"so_panels_live_editor_preview":1,"so_panels_gutenberg_preview":1,"so_panels_layouts_query":1,"so_panels_get_layout":1,"so_panels_import_layout":1,"so_panels_export_layout":1,"so_panels_directory_enable":1,"so_panels_style_form":1,"socss_hide_getting_started":1,"socss_get_post_css":…

    How to debug ? I tried with several browsers. All same problem. Is it a database problem ? Runing php 7.0, Ubuntu 16.04.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author tokkonopapa

    (@tokkonopapa)

    Hi @cybergirl,

    I’m sorry about this issue.

    {“save-widget”:1,”widgets-order”:1…

    This is also JSON response by ajax. Does this content always appear on the setting page, or you had just once?

    Anyway, it seems that ajax communication between server and browser has failed.

    At first, would you try to clean and refresh the cache in your browsers just in case?

    Then please diagnose JavaScript errors on browser’s error console or server side errors on network console.

    I apologize for the inconvenience.

    P.S. I had tested the PHP version from 5.2.6 to 7.2.8, and MySQL 5.0.67 and 5.5.27.

    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  tokkonopapa.

    Hi,

    it is when I go to the settings of plugin first page. Browser cache and also server cache is already cleaned. I tried also by disabling cache plugin and other plugins maybe have connection with this problem. All without any change to the problem.
    BTW: my browsers settings are for set for all, when browser shut, than cookies and cache are deleted. So this should be not the problem. As I said, the problem persists on Firefox, Opera and also Chrome. Could it be a problem with phython ? Although I don’t use it, it is installed on the server and I for security reasons updated this in the last weeks for several times. Version is 2.7.12. Another thing I did, was to secure phpmyadmin site by .htpasswd. Besides plugin update and the named updates, there was no any other change on server/site.

    With network monitor tool: there are no JS, XHR or other errors. Could it be a firewall problem ?

    Plugin Author tokkonopapa

    (@tokkonopapa)

    Hi,

    Thank you for your clarifing about all the browsers & server cache. Then we can focus on the reason why ajax fails.

    Could it be a problem with phython ?

    No, I don’t think so.

    Another thing I did, was to secure phpmyadmin site by .htpasswd.

    I guess you set .htpasswd into the directory of phpMyAdmin to apply digest authentication and it should not affect your WordPress site itself.

    Humm…

    Could it be a firewall problem ?

    Could be, if something your server’s configuration has changed. Although I don’t assume it, I’ll try to reproduce the issue by doing something on my server.

    I’d appreciate you if you test the previous version 3.0.15 (you can download it from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/ip-geo-block.3.0.15.zip) to investigate the issue happens.

    Keep track this thread please.
    Thanks.

    Hi,

    you can close my support. I investigated what furthermore could be happen. I don’t know why, but wp-config.php had a BOM. On same day of pluginupdate I deleted there a include_once line for a script not in use anymore. Seems that the editor added a BOM to this script. After removing the BOM all is working again.

    Thank you for your assistance and sorry for the false error. In fact it was my fault.

    Whish you a nice weekend.

    Plugin Author tokkonopapa

    (@tokkonopapa)

    Hi @cybergirl,

    I’m happy to hear that! You are always welcome.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Since latest update plugin with errors’ is closed to new replies.