I’ve been working on a plugin to create and insert SimpleViewer galleries in posts or pages. The problem is that I’m by no means a coder, so now I’m stuck at the last part. I’d like that someone would take my code and make it into a real working plugin. Most of the job is done, though I guess it’s a bit messy, and I don’t want credit at all, I just want a plugin!
All Simpleviewer files would go in the plugin folder. A galleries directory must be placed anywhere inside
wp-content, containing a folder for each gallery with just the images in their
imagesfolder and an empty
thumbsfolder. Through an options page the plugin would create the XML file and thumbnails, and then, using a button on the text editor, the proper code would be inserted into the page or post. You could also upload a Picasa gallery with the SimpleViewer template.
What it does at the moment:
- It creates succesfully the XML and thumbnails for the desired gallery.
- It inserts a button in the text editor using Owen Winkler’s Buttonsnap library.
- On clicking the button, a promt asks the user for the name of the gallery folder, and then inserts a tag in the post or page that the plugin should replace with the proper code.
- It stores some defaults into the Options table on demand.
- It fails to post the name of the gallery folder for its insertion in the page code.
- It fails to replace the tag with the code. It used to do it, but then I messed everything and now I doesn’t seem to be able to go back.
- The success messages after submitting the options form… well, it’s a real mess, I can’t find the proper hook for them.
- Probably a whole bunch of other issues that I’m not aware of.
- The topic ‘SimpleViewer plugin (need help)’ is closed to new replies.