This is a very nifty plugin, and does work well, and personally I LOVE the way the developer used a webfont to create the stars rather than images – it’s so much simpler to control the color and (font) size than it is to create new images.
However, it lacks some key features that would make it really great, such as:
– the option to display the review date
– ability to EDIT reviews before or after approval – we’ve had a few occasions where reviewers have put their email address in the Name field, and we don’t want to display that, so we have to delete their review….would be simpler to just be able to fix it without having to go into the WP database
– an easy way to style the reviews differently (for those not well-versed in CSS)
– the option to add a form CAPTCHA or quiz to reduce spam reviews
– displaying stars on the Aggregate Snippet (plus at least SOME sort of style for it)
– some options for using PHP in the template instead of shortcode so that variables can be used for the attributes (right now you can only add it using do_shortcode() which means I had to write some special code to make it work (which I explained in my Support thread for this plugin)
ALSO the plugin developer says he is actively maintaining it, which is great, but he provides very little support – most of the support threads are unanswered and unresolved….BUT it IS a free plugin after all…..I’m hopeful that he really is taking all feedback into account for the next version, and just too busy working on it to answer support requests. 🙂
- The topic ‘Simple, no options but gets the job done’ is closed to new replies.