Hello. I am feeling a bit silly right now but I have searched and searched and am not finding the info I need.
I installed this plugin to take advantage of these two capabilities as is listed in the plugin docs:
* Automatically Publish new posts to Facebook Profile or Application or Fan Page
* Integrate comments made on Facebook back into your own site
My posts are publishing on my facebook fan page. However, comments made to posts on the facebook fan page do NOT show up in the comments section of the original post in wordpress. So the "integrate comments made on facebook back into your own site" is not working.
I did read where I need to:
You have to modify your theme to use the comments plugin.
(Note: If you have WordPress 3.0 and a theme using the new comment_form() method, then this step is not necessary).
In your comments.php file (or wherever your comments form is), you need to do the following.
1. Find the three inputs for the author, email, and url information. They need to have those ID's on the inputs (author, email, url). This is what the default theme and all standardized themes use, but some may be slightly different. You'll have to alter them to have these ID's in that case.
2. Just before the first input, add this code:
[?php do_action('alt_comment_login'); ?]
(Replace the 's with normal html greater/less than signs).
3. Just below the last input (not the comment text area, just the name/email/url inputs, add this:
That will add the necessary pieces to allow the script to work.
However, I am using the latest version of WP and the basic twenty-eleven theme - so at first I thought, "well, I don't need to do that"...but since that functionality isn't working, I then decided I would make those changes. Problem is, when I look at comments.php, I don't see the actual comments form.....any ideas???
Thanks so much!!