I think there should be some documentation on how to use sidebar widgets in the Docs pages. I know there is a handy documentation in the original sidebar widget site, but I find it not very useful as Docs is.
Template Tags page doesnt have widgets, it has for the newly implemented Tags, but not widget. Is there no way you can write a few pages about widget tags?
What I want to know is to how insert on markup on the widgets, unregistering widgets and more.
* I tried to unregister a widget, but it doesnt work.
* The official widget site has a description on how to insert own markup to a specific widget, in their example how to change the markup for the search widget. but it doesnt say how to change for the other widgets and how to change for more than one widget
Have I missed it in their documentation? Is it described there? I read it a few times, but I dont find the answer I am looking for. Especially unregistering widgets
1. The Codex is a volunteer initiative. You are very welcome to write it.
2. There is no “widgets” template tag.
3. There is no more widegts plugin – it is integrated into the WP core files, so editing anything would mean editibng WP core files… and we never advise that.