I’ve been setting up my site for a few days now, and I almost have it the way I want. However, I can’t figure out two issues with my sidebar. My website is http://knitterinthekitchen.com (please ignore the messed up header image; I need to fix it).
1. It seems like there is a lot of extra space between the “Archives” and the “Food Blogs.” How would I fix that?
2. On my pages (such as http://knitterinthekitchen.com/contact-me/), the sidebar goes all the way down to the footer, with no extra space at all. How can I add some space here?
I tried searching the forums, but couldn’t find the answer. Thanks in advance for any tips you could provide!
1. It’s an internet IE issue, looks fine in FF. For some reason IE is adding some padding around the pull down menu.
Not really sure what would solve the problem.
2. Add to #side in your CSS file
margin-bottom: 10px;or however many pixels you like.
You are absolutely right about both issues. The pull down menu looks fine in Firefox. I guess I will just live with it looking a little odd in IE. And adding the
margin-bottomto the CSS file was perfect.
Thanks so much!! I really appreciate it!
I like your blog. The colors are nice. It’s neat and clean. The content is good too.
Here is what I did to the CSS to fix the sidebar in IE:
Use whatever your width is minus 1 pixel.
Worked for me.
Thank you for the kind words!
Thank you for the code! However, I don’t really know CSS at all. I looked in my Stylesheet and I didn’t find
.narrowcolumn. Is that something I should add? If so, could you specify exactly where?
- The topic ‘Sidebar issues — spacing and length’ is closed to new replies.