I’m using the Platform theme and my sidebar is getting pushed below the content on all my pages. I haven’t fiddled with the sidebar at all, so I’m not sure why it is doing so. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
My guess is that the issue was the 5px border added to #pagelines_content. This decreased the width of that div by 10px, which made it’s two elements (the content area and sidebar) too big to fit next to each other. You can either:
– Remove the 5px border
– Drop the #sidebar-wrap width from 320px to 310px
– Drop the #column-wrap width from 640px to 630px
That did indeed fix the problem – thank you so much!
SUMMARY OF FIX:
1. See if you added a border to either the content or the sidebar area. If you extend the width of one by using a border, then you must decrease the width of the other by that amount, or else they will no longer fit next to each other and the sidebar will get pushed down.
2. Depending on your theme (e.g. I’m using a child theme), you may need to put !important in your width adjustment in order for the change to be reflected on your page.
1. Some people have errors in their HTML code, and this is causing the problem (this was not my case, but it may be yours). Check your page code by entering your url at http://validator.w3.org/
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
The topic ‘Sidebar getting pushed below content’ is closed to new replies.