I’m about to set up a site that uses categories in a rather different way than most sites do.
At the moment I’ve got two category parents (say “People” and “Product”). Each of these have several children each. When you first enter my site, only sub-categories of “People” are shown.
If you click on one of the “People” categories, you’re taken to a page that shows all posts that belong to that specific category (default WordPress behavious), and in the sidebar a new navigation pops up with children of the category “Product”.
What I’d like to achieve is that clicking one of the categories in the sidebar takes you to posts belonging to both the selected “People” and “Product” categories.
To simplify what I’m asking for, imagine this:
- You enter my site
- You click on the “People” sub-category “Boy”
- You’re taken to a page showing all posts belonging to the category “Boy”, and a new category list “Products” shows up in the sidebar
- You click on the sub-category “Toys”
- You’re then taken to a page showing all posts belonging to both the category “Boy” and “Toys”
Is this achievable?
- The topic ‘Show posts that belong to category x and y’ is closed to new replies.