Shortcoder plugin – version 3.0 is released with new and advanced features.
After a looong time the new version of the Shortcoder plugin is released. It has new good features, it is stable and secure.
For new users,
An example usage
- Create a shortcode named “adsenseAd” in the Shortcoder admin page.
- Paste the adsense code in the box given and save it.
- Use [sc:adsenseAd] in your posts and pages.
- Tada !!! the ad appears in the post.
- Using this idea, shortcodes can be created for frequently used snippets.
- You can also add parameters (like
%id%) inside the snippets, and vary it like
- This plugin will be hugely useful to all !!!
So what about existing users who lost all of our shortcodes when we upgraded?
I had quite a list of them and it’s gonna be quite a job putting them all back in. Do you know if there is a way to get them back?
The old shortcodes were deleted because the new version was made from bottom and old data didnt suit the new code. There is on other way to recover the old shortcodes. I ensure that this will not appear in the future versions. Sorry for the date loss.
This is one reason I rarely use free plugins… while I greatly appreciate your efforts to build something for free, my concern is always that there is no incentive to try and avoid these issues before they wipe out a bunch of work.
Even though I didn’t invest money in your plugin, I did invest a lot of time and trust in it.
That said, I’m glad you are doing what you are doing… but please recognize that people like me are thrown a serious curveball when things like this occur.
Thanks again for your efforts. I don’t mean to complain too much. 🙂
There is on other way to recover the old shortcodes.
Did vaakash mean “no other way . . . ” or another way . . ?” I would assume he meant no other way since he did not give the solution to recovering older shortcodes.
vaakash – how much would you need to work on a recovery script so that old shortcodes can be used for the new version?
- The topic ‘Shortcoder plugin – version 3.0 is released with new and advanced features.’ is closed to new replies.