Support » Plugin: Insert or Embed Articulate Content into WordPress » Shortcode in Divi text block not displaying

  • Resolved Steve Covello

    (@weevie833)


    When I insert the shortcode into the Classic editor in WordPress, it works fine. But if I use the Divi Builder, create a row, add a Text block, and insert the shortcode using the “a” button, the content does not display.

    When I check the code in the Inspector (Chrome in both Windows and Mac), the content code is there, but it does not display. Any suggestions?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author beeneeb

    (@beeneeb)

    Hi Steve,

    Are you hitting Save Changes after you insert into the post? See about 35 seconds into this video:

    Thread Starter Steve Covello

    (@weevie833)

    I believe I did it properly – here is a screencast:

    http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/xts5y

    The funny part is that the media I am embedding has sound on the landing page and I can hear it, but I can’t see it. When I check the code in the browser, the content is there.

    Plugin Author beeneeb

    (@beeneeb)

    Hi Steve,

    Yes, my plugin is working as expected. However, the row or column that you’re placing on the page isn’t viewable. For more information, see:

    https://360.articulate.com/review/content/00daebd7-fb85-4ff6-b115-da07c2ed8660/review

    So, you should be able to fix this by playing with your row & column settings in Divi.

    Thread Starter Steve Covello

    (@weevie833)

    Thanks for the screencast. I ended up moving the module that contained the shortcode to another location to see if the same problem would occur in a different Divi Builder row, and it worked. I can’t explain why, but it did. If I can narrow down the conditions for this visibility problem, I will post. Thanks for your help.

    Thread Starter Steve Covello

    (@weevie833)

    Solution: The row where I had posted the embed code had been designated to be visible only on mobile devices. Since it was viewed on a laptop browser, the device detection kicked in to place the content into visibility: hidden. Meanwhile, the content in the lower area for contact was designated to be visible to all devices. That is why one row was visible but the other was not. This was a Divi configuration problem that I had not noticed until digging deeply into the row settings.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.