This is my first time experimenting with multisites, so sorry if this is stupidly obvious.
I currently have a website with a widget on the homepage that is specific to the city that the website is used in. I am now looking to expand to other cities, with a dropdown bar in the top right-hand corner used to change between them.
On all of these websites, I'd like the common pages to be:
- the about page (if possible - makes it easier to track hits)
- a central blog, so perhaps a category called 'News'
On each separate website, I'd like:
- a regional blog, so perhaps a category for that particular city
- the widget, personalised for that city
- a directory plugin, personalised for that city
- a default page, personalised for that city
Is this possible? If so, is it also possible to not have a subdomain structure, with the user knowing which version of the site they're on by looking at the dropdown bar rather than the URL?
I hope that makes sense!