Several issues with wordpress/ wordpress E-Commerce
I have recently started using wordpress and wordpress E-Commerce to run my online bicycle shop. I am having numerous problems. Take a look at my site for an idea what I’m working with. http://www.mountainslayercycles.com
1. What is a good theme/template to use with wordpress? I am using one called Alkivia Chameleon 2.3, but it’s not the best. What I am looking for in a theme: must have good way to display probably 20+ categories. Ideally a sidebar with all parent categories listed, and when you scroll/click over one you see the subcategories. Maybe dropdown menus? search engine optimized hopefully.
2. I am using paypal as my payment. when you pay with paypal, it does not include the shipping charge entered with the product. Any ideas?
3. When a purchase is made, I need the product to not show up on my page. I clicked the option that says “If this product runs out of stock set status to Unpublished & email site owner” but the product is still on the page. If you try to add it to your cart, it will appear to do it but when you go to checkout it says there’s nothing in your cart
4. The “cart” or “shopping cart” pages appear to do nothing. To get into the shopping cart, you have to go under product pages and hit checkout. This isn’t intuitive. Any idea how to get the “checkout” page directly onto the menu, or make one of the carts work? Along with this, is there a way to take unused items off the menu? It won’t seem to let me if I go to “menus”, and remove the items.
Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘Several issues with wordpress/ wordpress E-Commerce’ is closed to new replies.