Setting up a subscription site
I’ve searched and searched and failed to find a definitive guide on how to do the following and it’s driving me mad!
I want to set up a subscription site but am using it more for membership to an association than membership to the actual site, although I will give the members the option to log in so they can post comments.
Thought this would be straightforward enough but find it’s a minefield.
I can find numerous plugins, but haven’t found one that does all or outlines how to do the following:
1. Join the Association: option to sign up and then pay with paypal.
2. Once they’ve signed up a recurring yearly charge is automatically taken.
3. Place a log in/register area in the topbar / sidebar (preferably a self contained widget)
4. Let’s them log in and comment once they have signed up.
But when I try to implement a plugin, it’s like I’m missing an obvious step that I should know about, but don’t.
I can find solutions to some of the above but not all of them and the main problem I’m finding is putting in a log in box. I guess I need a step by step but again I can’t find that.
I would be willing to buy a plugin but have been totally stung in the past so am reluctant to go down that route.
Anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction or give me advice on how to go about this before I lose me mind?
- The topic ‘Setting up a subscription site’ is closed to new replies.