[Resolved] Setting up a new blog with existing blog running
– WordPress v1.5.2.
– Existing blog running with the default setting $table_prefix = ‘wp_’ set in the wp-config.php file.
– Single MySQL database available (can not increase this due to the hosting plan used).
– Existing blog installed under ~/www/blog.
– Add a second or a third WP blog off the same domain/host.
– Ability for each blog to behave independently.
– How do I add this second blog given my situation? Is it correct to assume that I should do the following?
1) Create a new directory ~/www/blog2
2) Install a second copy of WP into the new blog2 directory.
3) Edit wp-config.php file and change to $table_prefix = ‘wp2_’, while keeping the same MySQL database information settings as for the existing blog.
4) Login to blog2 and startup per routine.
– If the above sequence is correct, then is it also correct to assume that adding this second blog won’t affect the running of the first blog?
– Once a blog is running eg. My existing blog, can I still change the $table_prefix setting? Under the above scenario, can I change the first blog to something like $table_prefix = ‘myoriginalblog_’ without starting all over again? Or is it a case once a blog has been started, all the settings are fixed and can no longer be changed without major hassels?
I am a true novice who can’t code and really need some guiding hands. Thanks.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Setting up a new blog with existing blog running’ is closed to new replies.