Having quite a time, and I have done this before so not sure what I am doing differently this time.
1) WordPress install – installing at root, not within a subdir. WORKS OKAY.
2) Enable network in the wp-config file. WORKS OKAY.
3) Select SUB-DIRECTORIES in the network setup through the admin (under Tools -> Network).
4) Add generated code to wp config. STILL OKAY.
5) Add generated code to .htaccess. WORDPRESS ADMIN DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE BUT YOU CAN STILL SEE PUBLIC SITE.
So it’s either the htacess or it’s that, once all is said and done, I have missed a step earlier. I have seen other instructions that say you have to add a blogs.dir directory, but I was not given those instructions through the admin so I did not. Or is is because I installed the primary blog at the root?
This is very frustrating. Anyone have success setting up networks with sub-directories on godaddy? Any help is appreciated.
- The topic ‘Setting Up a Network With Sub-Directories on GoDaddy Not Working’ is closed to new replies.