Support » Plugin: Twitter Widget Pro » Serialization failing

  • Resolved jensnilsson

    (@jensnilsson)


    Hello,

    I’m using this plugin but have noticed that the serialization of tweets fails if a tweet contains some special characters.. The ones that are confirmed failiure points for me right now is the following: all “iphone-smilies” (emojis?) and รจ.

    These characters causes the serialized string to be chopped right before the first occurence of any of them and will later cause the unserialization to fail which will ultimately give “No tweets available.” in the widget itself.

    I’ve tried to patch this by a number of different methods but can’t seem to fix it properly.

    Is someone else experiencing this?

    If someone else could test this by tweeting some “iphone-smilies” to confirm it’s not an hosting-environment issue it would be great!

    This is what I mean by “iphone-smilies”:
    http://www.askdesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/iPhone-5-Emoticons-Tutorial-8.jpg

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/twitter-widget-pro/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I have tested and confirmed that the fix suplied in the last post in this thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-tweets-available-mostly?replies=30 and as shown below successfully resolves this issue.

    I have found a solution, that will display the tweets containing emojis. The emoji may display as a white box, but everything else will display properly.

    The emojis were affecting the arrays/transients. In the ‘tlc-transients.php’ file:

    Where there is a set_transient you need to serialize(), base64_encode(), then set_transient() instead.

    Where there is a get_transient you need to get_transient(), base64_decode(), then, unseralize() instead.

    Credit goes to the answer posted here.

    I recommend that this fix is implemented into the plugin.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Serialization failing’ is closed to new replies.