SEO problems galore !!
My blog has always ranked very high in Google/Yahoo searches up until a few weeks ago. I understand rankings fluctuate and criteria changes, etc. I am worried now that my tweaks and changes have made things worse. Here are some things I’ve done, symptoms, and more information than you probably need:
– My site is http://www.musicimagesbygene.com
– I recently installed SEO Ultimate plugin
– I updated the meta descriptions and keywords in SEO Ultimate, assuming this overrides all other WordPress and theme SEO settings
– I enabled the permalink rewrite feature to change all of my numeric post URL’s to a [post name] format
– I am running a WPZOOM theme, and after installing SEO Ultimate I disable the theme SEO functions
– I created a Google Webmasters account and submitted site index
– Google Webmasters is reporting some URL crawl errors related to a “timthumb” file in the theme directory. It is also giving some HTML “suggestions” relating to duplicate meta descriptions and duplicate title tags.
– when I Google search my site based on post titles, there are no results. If I add the site name “site:musicimagesbygene.com” parameter in the search box, I get results.
So basically I’m lost as to how to further troubleshoot, and it’s quite possible I’ve made things worse not better. I’ve considered exporting my posts, deleting all, and reimporting, but not sure if that’s necessary. I’m thinking the rewrite thing is causing problems, but not sure.
Any suggestions on where to go from here?
Thanks so much.
- The topic ‘SEO problems galore !!’ is closed to new replies.