WordPress.org

Forums

[resolved] Self written plugin causes blank lines above doctype (2 posts)

  1. Michael Beckwith
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I decided to try my hand at a basic plugin to extend widget functionality without loading up my functions.php file.

    What I did was attach the output of <link rel="profile" href="http://microformats.org/profile/hcard"> to wp_head with add_action and then activated and tested it to see that the profile was being added.

    One thing I noticed really quickly was that a couple of lines were added above the doctype declaration as well as an error going "The plugin generated 1 character of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin."

    I first tried clearing up the error by better formatting the plugin file contents, but to no avail. I then tried deactivating and deleting from the test server and the problem persisted, so I'm here now, seeking help

  2. Michael Beckwith
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    close please...fixed it myself

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.