Seeking help! (MacOS X 10.8 OS X Server 10.8 WordPress)
*english is not my native language*
Does anyone here know a guide for Mac users, on how to as easily as possible turn my Mac into a web server (using OS X Server) with WordPress running on it, so I can start using and exploring this product, and hopefully in the end create a website/blog for testing purpose?
I have a clean Mac OS X 10.8 installation.
I have downloaded OS X Server 10.8.
I downloaded the latest version of WordPress (3.4.2) just now.
– I’m not ready to buy a domain/server right now.
– I’m here to test WordPress
– The end goal is to be able to enter my IP on another computer (or tablet or phone) and see my WordPress website.
– I would like to use OS X Server to control and manage my Mac as a web server.
– I’m not an advanced user, I’m not very familiar with the requirements of WordPress; PHP and MySQL, the latter of which I know absolutely nothing about. I am also not a web programmer or Unix programmer, so basically I’m looking for a guide for dummies 😉
– If possible, then I would like to take advantage of technologies already supported by my OS and OS X Server, mostly to keep things as simple as possible.
– I would like to avoid things I’m not good at, which includes programming and using the terminal (I prefer a user interface), or installing a lot of advanced “pro” software I could be without.
If you got the knowhow and are able to help me, then it will be hugely appreciated!
And I hope I will get a chance to try WordPress and fall in love with it.
- The topic ‘Seeking help! (MacOS X 10.8 OS X Server 10.8 WordPress)’ is closed to new replies.