I am employing a pretty clean shopping cart solution for my business called OSCommerce. However, since getting involved with WordPress, I am impatient with the clunky and confused mixture of logic and presentation found with this system. At the moment I am trying to rework a CSS-only version of OSCommerce’s index.php, but it’s rough going and index.php is one of many template files used by the system.
So I started wondering if there was a better solution, something more along the lines of what I like most about WordPress. Here are my criteria for a new system:
- PHP and MySQL
- Clean and compliant template files
- Produced by a primarily English-speaking team
- Smart and professional user community
- Lots of plug-in hacks for credit card handling, UPS handling, QuickBooks support, etc
- Stuff like that
If anyone has any experience or advice, your suggestions would be most welcome.
- The topic ‘Seeking compliant catalog and shopping cart’ is closed to new replies.