We are trying something on a custom template and running into a few issues. Basically we have a static front page, a separate blog page and we are now looking to make one of the other pages into a second blog, which has a different layout from the main blog – and different content.
For example we have a blog with posts about what we’re up to, but want a page of client work which will be updated like a blog. We don’t want these client updates on blog2 to appear on blog one.
So here’s what we’re looking to figure out:
1. How do we make a page a secondary blog?
2. How do we have posts that appear on the secondary blog and not on the main blog (they also should not appear in “recent posts” or anywhere other than the secondary blog page).
3. How do we give the blog a different template – basically we want a grid of square images with the title overlayed which, when clicked, will link to an individual post page for each item within the secondary blog.
– We have the grid template working on a different site, so it’s not that which we need assistance with.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we would love to implement this as soon as possible, we just keep running into issues when trying to do any of the above questions.
- The topic ‘Secondary blog page with different layout and content’ is closed to new replies.