Support » Plugin: WP Job Manager » search stops working on 1.33.x

  • Resolved nickteapot


    we have found that upgrading from 1.32.3 to version 1.33.2 stops the search from working.

    It was working using the following URL:

    Is there a new URL structure that should be used to get it working?

    At the moment we have rolled the plugin back to 1.32.3 to keep it working.


    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Richard Archambault


    Hmm, that still works for me on my test site. It looks like you have a fair bit of custom code on your site (to change the location of the search filters, to add “Recently updated”, to add extra filters). Is it possible that something in your code is clashing with the update? Maybe check your error logs with the 1.33.2 version, to see if there are nay hints there?

    @richardmtl and @nickteapot I reported an identical issue in this thread:

    Search by keywords (in my website’s search field) used to return accurate results up to version 1.32.3. All updates since then have affected search results, which now return incoherent results. Ex: I type “Boston” in my website’s search field and with 1.32.3 it returns two listings with the keyword “Boston” in it, and 1.33.2 or 1.33.3 return 45 results that have noting to do with “Boston”.

    1.33.3 solved the search by category bug (which would not work). However, the search by keywords is still not working.

    I reverted WP Job Manager to 1.32.3 in the meantime, since it works flawlessly.

    I had the same issue on 2 of my sites. I reverted back to 1.32.3 also and it works just fine now.

    Thanks @nikkoboy for the tip!

    Plugin Contributor Richard Archambault


    Hi everyone,

    Can you try to switch to a default WordPress theme to see if the issue is theme-related? Our developer suspects that it is. Let me know what you turn up!

    @richardmtl I’ll try and switch to a default WP theme to see if the issue is theme related. However, since WP Job Manager worked flawlessly with my theme until version 1.32.3, the issue is related to the recent version of WP Job Manager. It would have been theme related if this issue appeared since the first time I installed the plugin. But it didn’t. It is caused by something which may have been added/removed from the plugin’s code.

    Also as far as I can see, @nickteapot ‘s theme is different from the one I use. So we may have two, three or more themes that would have become incompatible with WP Job Manager overnight. This would be a bit far fetched.

    If it is “theme related”, I’ll inform Pixelgrade that they’ll need to update their theme so it plays with the latest version of WP Job Manager

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by nikkoboy.
    Thread Starter nickteapot


    @nikkoboy Just to confirm we are Using Divi with a child theme

    @nickteapot thanks for the confirmation. I’m using Listable by Pixelgrade as a parent theme.

    Plugin Contributor Richard Archambault


    Noting here that in it’s confirmed that this was being caused by Listable. For folks running other themes, please let me know how it goes when you switch to a default theme.

    Well, actually the team at Listable said they’d look at it and implement a fix if the theme was at fault. However, their theme played flawlessly with WP Job Manager until version 1.32.3 and there hasn’t been any theme update for the past three months. So it’s actually a recent change in WP Job Manager’s code that caused the issue. It’s important to clarify that.

    Plugin Contributor Dan (a11n)


    Thanks for clarifying. Sometimes updates to the plugin also require updates to themes. The Listable developers have confirmed that this issue requires an update to their theme, and that will be fixed in the next Listable update. I’m going to mark this as resolved as it’s now with the Listable developers. You can contact them for any further updates on this.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘search stops working on 1.33.x’ is closed to new replies.