• Resolved micahjsharp

    (@micahjsharp)


    Hi, I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong. I have setup a KB on my staging server and everything seems to be working well, except I cannot seem to get a search results page to appear. Live search results work fine, but if I type in a query and hit the search button, the page simply reloads to the main KB page and I am not seeing a search result page.

    The same is true for typing in queries I know don’t exist, I am not seeing a ‘No search result found’ page or text. I’ve tried changing various settings but I’m not able to figure it out. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Author codeSavory

    (@codesavory)

    Hi @micahjsharp,

    is possible for you to share a link to KB in the staging server so I can take a look at it?

    Thanks

    Thread Starter micahjsharp

    (@micahjsharp)

    Hi, yes that would be fine, thought it is password protected. Would it be possible to give you credentials directly? An alternative actually is, I am okay with making this live for now. My only step in that case would be figuring out how to move all the KB content we have built to our production database. Not to change the subject but if you have a good suggestion on how to do that, I can post a live public link here. Thank you again for your help.

    Plugin Author codeSavory

    (@codesavory)

    Hi,

    if you are testing the plugin on a dev/staging site, I would suggest to first disable all other plugins and temporarily switch to a default WordPress theme.
    If the search starts to work as it should, you can go back to your WordPress theme and reactivate the plugins one at the time until the issue reappears.
    You can then let us know which one causes the issue and we can test it out for you to resolve the conflict.

    Thanks

    Thread Starter micahjsharp

    (@micahjsharp)

    Okay, I’ll give that a try, thank you in advance.

    Plugin Author codeSavory

    (@codesavory)

    Hi @micahjsharp,

    have you managed to isolate any conflicting plugin?
    Do you need any further help with this?

    Thanks

    Thread Starter micahjsharp

    (@micahjsharp)

    Hi @codesavory sorry for the late reply. Yes I did deactivate every single plugin except for WebP Express. For some reason no matter how many times I select to deactivate, it is showing up as active. All other plugins we use and need are not activated, yet I continue to not see a results page when typing a search query into the search bar. One culprit I thought might be possible is our Algolia plugin, but that I also deactivated.

    The url at the top of the page is https://stage.toolfarm.com/knowledge-base/?s=invoice, yet the page I see is the KB’s home page with our sections and article subjects.

    Again I am happy to make credentials to the staging site available to you directly, or even make the KB live since other than a search results page, everything else looks great.

    Thanks again.

    Plugin Author codeSavory

    (@codesavory)

    Hi,

    please go to BasePress > Settings > Search and disable the Use search parameter on URL option.
    Does that make it work?
    If you can open a support ticket from the plugins menu I can guide you to some tests to find out what is not working.

    Thanks

    Thread Starter micahjsharp

    (@micahjsharp)

    Hi thank you for the suggestion. I both enabled and disabled that option (and saved) but it didn’t seem to help. Strangely, both options showed the address bar url as

    https://stage.toolfarm.com/knowledge-base/?s=invoice

    so perhaps I’m missing something. I will open a support ticket and I’ve also decided to make the KB live and when I do I’ll post the link for you here. Thank you again.

    Thread Starter micahjsharp

    (@micahjsharp)

    @codesavory I have submitted a ticket via the menu. The url is also live so I put it in there as well. Thanks again.

    Thread Starter micahjsharp

    (@micahjsharp)

    @codesavory just wanted to let you know that we finally discovered a redirect in our .htaccess file was causing the results page to not show up and we have solved it. Thank you for sticking with me on this!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Results Page’ is closed to new replies.