I know that this has been answered in other places, but my question is not if, but how come I am not doing it right?
I have this link http://wppa.opajaap.nl/combining-wp-and-wppa-search-results/ that shows how to integrate the search photos widget with the template search. I have the WP Photo Album Plus 4.7.6.
First off, I would like to know if this hack still works? maybe with the newer versions, it doesnt or if there is a different way to achieve what I need.
Second, my search.php code is not the same as how he describes it
my code looks like
<?php global $theme; get_header(); ?>
<?php $theme->hook('main_before'); ?>
<?php $theme->hook('content_before'); ?>
<h2 class="page-title"><?php _e( 'Search Results for:', 'themater' ); ?> <span><?php echo get_search_query(); ?></span></h2>
if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post();
* The default post formatting from the post.php template file will be used.
* If you want to customize the post formatting for your search pages:
* - Create a new file: post-search.php
* - Copy/Paste the content of post.php to post-search.php
* - Edit and customize the post-search.php file for your needs.
* Learn more about the get_template_part() function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_template_part
else : ?>
<p><?php printf( __( 'Sorry, but nothing matched your search criteria: %s. Please try again with some different keywords.', 'themater' ), '' . get_search_query() . '' ); ?></p>
<?php get_search_form(); ?>
</div><!-- #content -->
<?php get_sidebars(); ?>
<?php $theme->hook('main_after'); ?>
</div><!-- #main -->
<?php get_footer(); ?>
So again, i am sorry to ask a question I know has been asked before but I have been on this for multiple hours and struggle to find the answer.