Store Locator Plus for WordPress
[resolved] Search by Tags & Name Not Returning Results (5 posts)

  1. thedru11
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I cannot seem to get the 'search by tags' or 'search by name' to return any results. I have set tags for each of the entries, Tag input has been checked and the Store Locator Plus : Enhanced Search plugin has been purchased also.

    A search by location - city, state, address etc returns results but tag searches and name searches do not.

    Here is a link to the store locator page: http://www.seomavericktest3.net/authorised-representative-locator

    Any advice would be awesome! Thanks :)


  2. Store Locator Plus
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    Make sure your tag names match EXACTLY what you entered via the forms for the Pro Pack. I had a similar problem with "indoor water park" v. "indoor water parks" on my http://www.verynearhere.com live testing site.

  3. thedru11
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Interesting. Even when I do a search for the exact tag I have put in there, nothing shows up - the same goes for the 'name' section as well.

    However, if I do a search for location first: eg: "adelaide" - results are populated on the map, then the tag search and name search functions both work - even with partial matches of the words I type in.

    I had it working well before I updated the plugin about a month ago and ever since it hasn't allowed the tag and name searches to display anything on the map.

  4. thedru11
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I still can't seem to get either the search by tag name or name search to work initially - only the search by "location".

    Once I've made a search by location, the tag input search and name search both work perfectly (even for partial matches).

    Is there anything else that can be done so that when you do a search by "tag" or "name" that the results all show up correctly as well?

    Happy to pay for your time if necessary to get this sorted.

    Thanks :)

  5. thedru11
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I sorted out the problem with the excellent help of the plugin author. It was a really minor thing in the end - all we needed to change was the default 'radii' search distance. We had it set to only 200 km when we really needed to have it at around 4,000km (Australia is a large place). The first search was taking from the centroid of Australia so we needed to have a radius large enough to cover all of Australia.

    Thanks for your help Charleston Software Associates - excellent support.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Store Locator Plus for WordPress
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic